Here’s our super informational woman’s clothing size chart that converts all sizing scales – X-small, small, medium, large, X-large, XX-large and XXX-large, US sizing and EU sizing.
Before online shopping, you had no choice but to go to clothing stores where you could try everything on before buying.
When retailers first started selling clothes, I heard lots of people say that it wouldn’t take off because people can’t try it on and people just LOVE or HAVE TO try clothes on before buying.
Here we are today and e-commerce is growing leaps and bounds including online clothing sales.
Turns out people don’t have a need to try clothes on before buying.
They’re willing to take a chance.
In fact, and this is my experience, once I know what sizes for a brand work for me, it’s super easy. I love Banana Republic so I can order anything quickly because I know precisely what size, designs and cuts fit me perfectly.
However, if starting out or trying a new brand, it helps to know just what the different sizes mean in terms of inches. Our chart above is awesome. It provides inches for three types of sizing.
3 types of sizing:
1. Small to XXXLarge.
2. US sizing, and
3. EU sizing.
All of the above three are not helpful if you don’t know what that means in inches.
For example, what is the waist size for a size 4? Check our chart. It’s 26.8″. Or, put another way, what size is a 27″ inch waist? It’s a small.
Common pant waist sizing questions
- What pant size is a 24-inch waist? It’s an X-small, US 0 and EU 36.
- What pant size is a 25-inch waist? It’s an X-small, US 2 and EU 38.
- What pant size is a 26-inch waist? It’s a small, US 4, EU 40.
- What pant size is a 28-inch waist? It’s a small, US 6, EU 42.
- What pant size is a 30-inch waist? It’s a medium, US 8, EU 44.
- What pant size is a 32-inch waist? It’s a medium, US 10, EU 46.
- What pant size is a 33-inch waist? It’s a large, US 12, EU 48.
- What pant size is a 34-inch waist? It’s a large, US 14, EU 50.
- What pant size is a 36-inch waist? It’s an X-large, US 16, EU 52.
- What pant size is a 38-inch waist? It’s an X-large, US 18, EU 54.
- What pant size is a 39-inch waist? It’s an XX-large, US 20, EU 56.
- What pant size is a 40-inch waist? It’s an XXX-large, US 22, EU 58.
The above set of questions about pant conversion sizes is just one of many conversions our chart above and below sets out. The chart also converts for shirts and jackets by converting all sizes for bust, sleeve, hips and inseam.
For convenience, here’s the same clothing size chart again:
Related: Men’s clothing size conversion chart