Some of the hottest, most attractive styles of medium length wigs on the market today can offer you a new sense of self-esteem. Some are made of synthetic fibers while others feature real human hair but regardless of which one you may prefer, they will all provide you with a different outlook on life.
From wavy hair wigs to straight hair wigs, women’s wigs, hairpieces, hair toppers, and extensions have been around for a very long time. The first wigs that were ever worn date all the way back to the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans but most of the people who wore them back then were men. In today’s world of wigs, it is mostly women that don one. When it comes to hairpieces and hair toppers, they are common among both men and women but hair extensions and wigs usually reserved for women.
A wig can not only change the way you look but the way you feel and even your mood. The right wig can give you confidence in yourself that you may not have had before you decided to have made the choice to wear a wig. For example, as I get older my hair has gotten thinner which is weird because I always had super thick hair. Adding a hair extension, a hair Topper, or a wig really gives me a boost in my self-esteem.
Below is a list in details of some of the hottest, most attractive styles of medium length wigs on the market today. Some are made of synthetic fibers while others feature real human hair but regardless of which one you may prefer, they will all provide you with a different outlook on life.
- 1. Alia-Petite by Jon Renau – Synthetic Wig
- 2. Wavy Shoulder-Length Wig in a Bob Hairstyle
- 3. Alexi by Noriko – Synthetic Wig
- 4. Layered Shag Hairstyle with Full Fringe Middle Length Synthetic Capless Women Wigs
- 5. Alia by Jon Renau – Synthetic Wig
- 6. Wavy Mixed Red Synthetic Hair Capless Wigs with Long Layers
- 7. Alison by Jon Renau – Synthetic Wig
- 8. Blond Mid-Length Synthetic Capless Wigs For Older Women 14 Inches long by Dolly Parton
- 9. Bailey by Rene of Paris Synthetic Wig
- 10. Real Human Hair with Loose Short Curly Front Lace Wigs is 14 Inches Long
- 11. Beguile by Raquel Welch – Human Hair Wig
- 12. Goddess by Raquel Welch – HD Synthetic Wig
- 13. Headliner by Raquel Welch – Human Hair Wig
- 14. Jon Renau Cameron- Petite: Lace Front, Monofilament, Synthetic Wig
- 15. Blair by Jon Renau: Open Cap, Synthetic Wig
- 16. Bravo by Raquel Welch: Lace Front, Monofilament, Human Hair Wig
- 17. Jon Renau Carrie – Renau Exclusive: Monofilament, Human Hair Wig
- 18. Carrie by Jon Renau: Monofilament, Human Hair Wig
- 19. Celebrity Wig Raquel Welch: Lace Front, Monofilament, Synthetic Wig
- 20. Rene of Paris Cheyenne – Synthetic Wig
- 21. Jon Renau Clair: Lace Front Monofilament Synthetic Wig
- 22. Claire by Noriko – Synthetic Wig
- 23. Raquel Welch Classic Cut Wig: Monofilament, Heat Defiant Synthetic Wig
- 24. Dakota by Rene of Paris – Synthetic Wig
- 25. Jon Renau Drew: Lace Front-Monofilament Heat Defiant Synthetic Wig
- 26. Elizabeth by Jon Renau – HD Synthetic Wig
- 27. Editor’s Pick Elite by Raquel Welch – HD Synthetic Wig
- 28. Eden by Noriko – Synthetic Wig
- 29. Evanna by Rene of Paris – Synthetic Wig
- 30. Emilia by Jon Renau – Synthetic Wig
- 10 FAQs About Wigs
- Will wearing a wig, including shoulder-length wigs, make your hair grow?
- Do synthetic shoulder-length wigs look real?
- What kind of shoulder-length wig looks most natural?
- What is a 360 lace frontal wig in a shoulder-length style?
- How do you know if you need an average or plus size shoulder-length wig?
- What kind of shampoo do you use to clean your wigs, including medium-length wigs?
- What kind of shoulder-length style wig is best for beginners?
- How can you tell if your shoulder-length wig is of good quality?
- Can you brush a wavy, medium-length wig?
- Do you need a special brush for shoulder length wigs?
1. Alia-Petite by Jon Renau – Synthetic Wig
Jon Renau’s Alia Wig is encased in a petite cap and is medium length. It is a synthetic wig that combines the realistic hairline look of a lace front with a monofilament top that gives the illusion of natural growth in a contemporary bob that provides plenty of movement and versatile styling. This wig is great for a game of tennis before heading to the office.
2. Wavy Shoulder-Length Wig in a Bob Hairstyle
This amazing wig is cut into a Bob hairstyle and is made of wavy real human hair. The length when you straighten it is about 12 inches long, so it is a medium-length wig that hits at your shoulders. The lace front cap construction makes it easy to put on and take off, and it provides 120 percent density. This wig is touted by customers as being beautiful and soft to the touch. Several customers say they did not have to do any styling and put it on right out of the box and it looks great. This wig comes in mixed colors to give a highlighted look or in solid colors, including several shades of red, blonde, brown, black, and mixtures of all. You can rock it in a wavy style or straighten it for a different look.
3. Alexi by Noriko – Synthetic Wig
The Alexi Noriko Wig is styled in a textured bob with bangs that will frame your face in a modern and very stylish look. It is a synthetic medium links wig that will keep its style even after you wash it so it is very easy to maintain. This wig is very versatile and is offered in an array of colors and styles. It offers a realistic look that will be the envy of everyone around you.
4. Layered Shag Hairstyle with Full Fringe Middle Length Synthetic Capless Women Wigs
This shoulder-length wig is made with synthetic hair and is easy to care for and very affordable. It comes in an array of colors, from blonde and red to black and brown. It is capless so it allows for plenty of ventilation. Customers say this amazing wig has been very well constructed and is easy to wear and to work with and style. You can sport this wig at a school conference with your child’s teacher or for a night on the town with your girlfriends. It is versatile and pretty.
5. Alia by Jon Renau – Synthetic Wig
Blending a realistic hairline look that comes with a lace front with the appearance of natural growth from a monofilament top, this wig provides the look of a contemporary bob cut with plenty of versatility. For fun in the sun to lounging by a pool or heading to a business meeting, this wig offers you the option of a different look to fit every occasion.
6. Wavy Mixed Red Synthetic Hair Capless Wigs with Long Layers
This long layered wavy look is sure to turn quite a few heads when you walk into a room. This 14-inch, capless shoulder-length wig is made of synthetic hair that is soft and looks completely realistic. One customer said people have no idea she is wearing a wig and that she absolutely loves it. Another customer said she wears her wig to work and to a variety of other places and that she loves it so much she ordered another one in a different color. This wig is available in over 20 different colors to fit anyone’s preferences.
7. Alison by Jon Renau – Synthetic Wig
The Allison synthetic medium length wig by Jon Renau is very elegant and boasts of a chin-length bob. With a lace front hairline, it allows for plenty of movement and appears very natural. This is a great style to boast for a fancy dance or an important dinner date.
8. Blond Mid-Length Synthetic Capless Wigs For Older Women 14 Inches long by Dolly Parton
This amazing wig by country music legend Dolly Parton comes in her signature blonde color but also in other shades of blonde, red, brown, and black. A customer who is losing her hair said this wig his made her life so much better . She loves the look and style of it along with the link that had set her shoulders along with the color she chose. Many people also love the bangs in the capless construction of this easy to wear wig that is made of synthetic hair but looks natural.
9. Bailey by Rene of Paris Synthetic Wig
The Rene of Paris Bailey Wig is medium length and synthetic with layers that flow around your face to your shoulders in an easy manner while offering a very trendy look. This wig offers a fun look while still being serious enough to wear to conference with your child’s school teacher.
10. Real Human Hair with Loose Short Curly Front Lace Wigs is 14 Inches Long
This loose currently shoulder-length wig has a lace front cap construction and is made of human hair so it can be worn in an updo, a ponytail, and you can even use a curling iron or straightening iron on it to achieve a variety of styles. It comes in an array of different colors, shades, and hues so you have tons to choose from to achieve the look and style you want.
11. Beguile by Raquel Welch – Human Hair Wig
The Raquel Welch Beguile Wig is a medium length wig created from human hair. This shoulder-length Bob cut wig will entrance your friends and family and it’s hand-tied monofilament type creates a scalp-like appearance so that you can change your part and even wear it in an updo.
12. Goddess by Raquel Welch – HD Synthetic Wig
The Raquel Welch Goddess Wig is a medium length, heat defiant wig with a Sheer Indulgence™ lace front. This means that you have the option of styling it off your face in the monofilament top allows you to part it in different ways. It can be curled to give it a more dramatic effect when you are going for that type of style.
13. Headliner by Raquel Welch – Human Hair Wig
Headliner by Raquel Welch Wig is a long and layered bob that has been created with a 100 percent with hand-knotted cap that will provide you with more comfort than other wigs. It offers a natural look and can be parted in different ways and worn in a high pony or updo since the scalp appears realistic. Since it is created from human hair, this wig is very versatile since you can wear it in pretty much any style that fits your mood.
14. Jon Renau Cameron- Petite: Lace Front, Monofilament, Synthetic Wig
The Jon Renau Cameron Wig has a petite cap. This bob style comes in medium length and is made of synthetic fibers. It provides a timeless look so you can wear it for years to come.
15. Blair by Jon Renau: Open Cap, Synthetic Wig
Featuring a classic bobcat with dramatic bangs, Blair by Jon Renau is the quintessential style for straight hair. it is adorable yet alluring Ann is comfortable to wear. If you have naturally curly hair but desire to have straight hair, at least once in a while, this is the wig for you.
16. Bravo by Raquel Welch: Lace Front, Monofilament, Human Hair Wig
The Bravo by Raquel Welch Human Hair Wig gives a layered look with a precision cut that you can part anywhere since it is made of human hair and the scalp has a natural look. This wig is extremely versatile so you can wear it up while walking down the aisle at your wedding or down while frolicking on the beach on your honeymoon.
17. Jon Renau Carrie – Renau Exclusive: Monofilament, Human Hair Wig
Jon Renau Carrie Wig – Renau Exclusive Colors is a medium length wig made of human hair that provides more versatility than many other lace front wigs. You will have plenty of styling options with this amazing wig that comes in a variety of shades, colors, and cap sizes. This wig is another great option if you are looking for a wig that you can easily wear from your spin class in the morning to an important business meeting in the afternoon.
18. Carrie by Jon Renau: Monofilament, Human Hair Wig
Carrie by Jon Renau Has been created from real human hair in an undetectable lace front so you can wear it in a variety of styles. It comes in many different colors, including ombre. If offers a seductive look that will make you feel sexy and secure.
19. Celebrity Wig Raquel Welch: Lace Front, Monofilament, Synthetic Wig
The Celebrity Wig by Raquel Welch is a medium length, a synthetic wig that offers loosely waved yet subtle layers. It features a lace front cap with a monofilament top and its 100 percent hand-tied base allows for plenty of comfort and movement so you can live your life without worrying about your wig.
20. Rene of Paris Cheyenne – Synthetic Wig
The Rene of Paris Cheyenne wig is a medium length, a synthetic wig that is styled into a blunt cut bob with medium length layers at the front and crown that will frame the face in a very contemporary style. With a lace front, it offers the ability to be very versatile so you can wear it in a variety of styles.
21. Jon Renau Clair: Lace Front Monofilament Synthetic Wig
The Jon Renau Clair Wig Is created with synthetic fibers for a romantic look that allows loose waves to roll gently below your shoulders for a very fun and exciting look.
22. Claire by Noriko – Synthetic Wig
The Noriko Claire Wig is a Medium links wig that goes to your collar with Laird flips and very textured edges. A sweeping side fringe gives you a glamorous look that will be the envy of all your friends.
23. Raquel Welch Classic Cut Wig: Monofilament, Heat Defiant Synthetic Wig
You can wear the Raquel Welch Classic Cut Wig to work or to a party. It is a medium-length wig that is heat defiant with tons of natural movement. You can wear it straight or wavy for tons of versatility, depending on your mood.
24. Dakota by Rene of Paris – Synthetic Wig
The Rene of Paris Dakota Wig is a medium layered, synthetic wig that offers a sleek and classic look. Wear it out for drinks or hiking in the mountains. With a lace part cap, it looks natural with the appearance of a real scalp in hair growth.
25. Jon Renau Drew: Lace Front-Monofilament Heat Defiant Synthetic Wig
The Drew Wig by Jon Renau is very versatile and allows you to wear it in an array of styles to fit your mood. It is heat resistant so you can use straighteners or curling irons on it to achieve the look and style you want to project.
26. Elizabeth by Jon Renau – HD Synthetic Wig
The Jon Renau Elizabeth wig offers plenty of Flirty waves in a classic bohemian style Bob. It boasts a ready-to-wear lace front with a 100 percent hand-tied part that creates the appearance of natural growth. This is a great option for the nightclub or staying in to watch a movie at home.
27. Editor’s Pick Elite by Raquel Welch – HD Synthetic Wig
The Editors Pick Elite Raquel Welch Wig is a medium length, heat defiant wig and offers a tousled layered bob offers with plenty of comforts while being very versatile. A great choice for the office or a shopping trip.
28. Eden by Noriko – Synthetic Wig
The Eden by Noriko is trendy yet feminine and even practical. This no-nonsense bob is cute and fun with beachy waves and a full crown. You can wear it to the beach or a party.
29. Evanna by Rene of Paris – Synthetic Wig
The Rene of Paris Evanna wig is a medium length, synthetic wig with beach wave curls that cascade to your shoulders. It offers a trendy yet sweet and feminine look that will make you the envy of all of your friends and even some of your enemies.
30. Emilia by Jon Renau – Synthetic Wig
The Jon Renau Emilia Wig offers the look of longer bob style with bangs that will highlight your eyes and cheekbones. A great option to add more depth and intrigue to your eyes.
10 FAQs About Wigs
Will wearing a wig, including shoulder-length wigs, make your hair grow?
Wearing a wig will not make your hair grow but it can hinder hair growth if you wear a wig too long without taking care of your natural hair underneath. The cells that promote hair growth will still be able to function underneath your skin even if you are wearing a wig but remember, it should only be left on for up to six weeks at the most before you take it off and let your head and natural hair breathe.
Do synthetic shoulder-length wigs look real?
A high-quality synthetic wig will appear more natural-looking than a cheaper version. They can actually look just like a human hair wig. Heat-friendly synthetic wigs tend to be less shiny than other synthetic wigs so they normally appear more realistic and natural than heat resistant synthetic wigs.
What kind of shoulder-length wig looks most natural?
A wig made of human hair will look more natural and it is better if the wig is a lace front or full-face wig with a hand-tied monofilament cap. You can purchase all types of wigs online or go to a brick and mortar store if you want to try on different styles before purchasing. After you have found the wig you love, you can take it to a professional hairstylist who can make it appear even more natural-looking.
What is a 360 lace frontal wig in a shoulder-length style?
A 360 lace wig has everything a lace front wig does except the lace goes around the entire perimeter of the wig and essentially, your head. This will ensure that the lace in the back appears to look like your natural scalp so you can wear up-dos and high ponytails that you cannot do with a lace front wig.
How do you know if you need an average or plus size shoulder-length wig?
To determine the correct wig size for you, you will need to measure the circumference of your head from the front hairline, behind your ear, to the nape of your neck, to your other ear, and then back to the front hairline. Be careful, though, because sizes can vary from brand to brand and not all wigs are available in all of the cap sizes.
What kind of shampoo do you use to clean your wigs, including medium-length wigs?
You should use wig shampoo and conditioner to wash your wig since they are specially formulated to clean the wig’s fibers gently and thoroughly. If your wig is made of real human hair, however, you should use the same shampoo and conditioner you use for your natural hair.
What kind of shoulder-length style wig is best for beginners?
When it comes to the easiest wig for beginners to wear, it’s all about the cap. There are normally three types of wigs that you can purchase, including 100% hand-tied, monofilament wigs, and lace front wigs. The lace front wigs are the easiest to use and help create the illusion of real hair at the crown on your head which makes it look more realistic.
How can you tell if your shoulder-length wig is of good quality?
When you purchase a medium length wig, you want it to last for a long time to come. A long-lasting, good quality wig must appear to look like natural hair in the hair of the wig should be easy to handle and provide you with the option to wash and he did just like it’s your natural hair.
Can you brush a wavy, medium-length wig?
You should not really use a brush on a curly wig but you can gently pick the curls out with a comb. You can also use your fingers to comb through the curls if the wig is extremely wavy. Brushing your curly hair or wavy hair wig can permanently damage it and alter the overall style.
Do you need a special brush for shoulder length wigs?
You do not need a special brush for wigs but ultimately, you should not brush them. Wigs need to be treated with extra gentle care and a brush can tear at the wig’s cap or pull out some of the hairs from your wig. You should use a wide-tooth comb instead.